dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, August 21, 2016

life goes on

Yesterday we went to a long workshop at the Unitarian Universalist church.  It was pretty good.  I learned a lot about UU and had some good social contact with interesting people, but it was too much.  I got overloaded.

Then in the evening we went to a-cafe--bad idea.  The speaker was half an hour late.  There was chaos about the venue.  We ended up meeting outside in the heat and it was hard to hear people and I didn't like it.

This morning we were awake at 3:45 because Ming was having nightmares.  Also he has a cough.  So we got up and I have to be social more today, including a party.  I don't know how to navigate it.

Sometimes it's hard, "navigating the space between brilliance and madness."  But the sun came up.

3 Comments:

  • At August 21, 2016 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry that yesterday was too much social time. I am sorry you are feeling and felt overloaded. It will be OK today as we will watch your level of social overwhelmedness better and withdraw earlier.

    A possible / probable solution:
    Things that have worked well in the past:
    We can have you not go to the Food Not Bombs Las Vegas serving at 10:30am.

    We can have us drop you off at a cafe near the GTKY party this evening since I can't drive distances secondary to narcolepsy. Oh, I just looked up the address on google and it is only four miles away. Not really as long a distance as I had originally thought. Maybe just I can go.


    I had terrible dreams last night. Why do I only sleep for about an hour then have awakening nightmares ? Too much caffeine or amphetamines side effect ?

    Sorry that I had fitful nightmares that woke you.


    I want to thank you for writing to the Nevada Desert Experience Council, Advisory Group, Mario, Lisa, Claudia, and Sherri and sending out the new NDE Brochures this morning, since we were both up.

    We have been super productive this morning already.

    I really like you and love you !

     
  • At August 21, 2016 1:11 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Aw, I feel the same toward you!

     
  • At August 21, 2016 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I took 2mg of prazosin tonight so we may see a difference in my sleep wake nightmare cycle. You have already gone to bed, I plan on washing up the dishes then going to bed around 9pm tonight.

    I love you !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home