dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, April 30, 2017

TMBG

Last night I went to bed too early.  So I'm up early listening to some They Might Be Giants but soon I'll switch back to my staple of Sufjan Stevens.

Today is Food Not Bombs and we didn't soak beans last night but I'm thinking of making rice.  We suddenly have a lot of rice, left over from Shut Down Creech.  They expected way more people than attended.

Get out of the car.
Put down the phone.
Take off that stupid looking hat
you wear.
--"I've Got a Match" by They Might Be Giants

I've always loved that part, the beginning part.

1 Comments:

  • At April 30, 2017 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love you !

    We received the leftovers of 10lbs of organic black beans, 20lbs of basmati rice, 12lbs of short brown rice, and 4.5lbs of oats from the food stuffs of Shut Down Creech 2017. A few participants registered as attending the event and then did not show up, so there was extra food left over. The prepared meal preparers also cooked with a tendency toward plenty so the participants ate lots of delicious leftovers and did not dig into the raw foodstuffs. I am glad we received the food for redistribution to us, Food Not Bombs Las Vegas, and the Las Vegas Catholic Worker.

    The cash donations received for the event covered the food and more.

    The rice you made today tastes great !

    I love you !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home