dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, June 23, 2017

kids

It's cool here.  Ming and I have no real plans.  We might go to Lompoc for farmers market.  It's peaceful and quiet here.

This lady at the famers market in Morro Bay yesterday kept calling us kids.  "Hey, kids," she said when we walked up.  I loved it.

A citrus lady was rude to me.  Mom and I are analyzing it.  "They seem to be more attentive to a certain type of person," she said.

"What, rich people?" I asked.

"White people?"  Mom said.  "I could be mistaken."

Then Mom changed her mind and said they're just more attentive to people who need information.  "Let's be positive and think that."

I was telling Mom I want the job naming nail polish colors.  "That's my dream job," I said.  Or naming streets.

"Who does name the streets?" she asked.

2 Comments:

  • At June 28, 2017 11:41 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Your mom sounds great. :)

    I bought tickets to see Aimee Mann at the zoo in Seattle in mid-July. The zoo hosts a concert series. Made me think of you since you sent me the Aimee Mann video recently.

     
  • At July 07, 2017 4:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh, please tell us some nail polish color names you've made up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home