dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, July 23, 2017

all the dead commentators lift their heads

There's a sentence from a Rumi poem, something like "You say the first line of the Koran and all the dead commentators lift their heads."  I tried googling it and can't find it.  What the fudge.  It's from my favorite Coleman Barks book, Like This.

Ming's sleeping lightly.  I would sing quietly along with this music and he would wake up, stir, fall back asleep.

Today we went to the Obon Festival.  I caught a few minutes of taiko, which was my favorite part.  While my relatives were still parking.  The crowds stressed me out.  It's hard work, being a person.

2 Comments:

  • At July 23, 2017 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love you !

    Narcoleptic nap.

    I had fun at the Obon Festival. I am glad you liked the taiko. Sorry it was stressful for you.

    Inari and futomaki are delicious.

    I love you !

     
  • At July 24, 2017 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love you !

    I have attempted to find the quote you were looking for but my google-fu is not working enough.

    I love you !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home