dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, July 13, 2017

full of light

We've had automotive trauma.  But let's forget about it.  We're at the barstow panera.  I drove the last 20 miles or so.  I did great.

Yesterday our friend A came over, the massage therapist.  We talked in the kitchen, messed around in the garden.  He uncovered many plants buried in weeds.  It was like a metaphor.  He found yerba buena, and I was excited.  He took some for his own garden, pots on a patio.

There were so many grapes on the grapevine.  We harvested them.  They're good but the bunches were full of small spiders.

Then he worked on my pinched nerve.  I had to really trust him.  He taught me some stretches.  We talked about breathing.  He's a bhakti yogi, full of light.  He chants Hare Krishna, wears a mala.  We are on the same page.

I asked him what his necklace was.  I thought it was Don Quixote.  "Today, Hanuman," he said.  He asked me what goddess was my necklace.  I told him the Virgin of Guadalupe.

"I love her," I said.  He didn't know what Hanuman was holding in one of his hands, and I guessed chamara, a ceremonial yak tail.  It looked like that.

R was fixing the swamp coolers.  He went to the store and got some of the mat material.  He cut it to size, climbed on the roofs.  The sky was full of pink clouds and god light.  Later, when it was dark, lightning flashed again and again.

A thought it was going to rain.  I didn't.

What an evening.  J was there too.  We gave him an oregano leaf to try, a yerba buena leaf.  He sat on a milk crate.  He's an elder now.

I was up late, overstimulated and hearing voices.  Then we got up around 3 and left home at 4:22.

4 Comments:

  • At July 13, 2017 2:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    There is a Hanuman Temple in Taos. Did you know that? I've eaten free meals there twice. The food is so good.

    I wonder how y'all got to Barstow if you're still having car problems. Maybe y'all flew like free birds.

    I wish I were in the Panera with you.

     
  • At July 13, 2017 2:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Were you driving when it was time to exit in Barstow? I think exiting and driving in town is quite difficult.

     
  • At July 13, 2017 6:22 PM, Anonymous Aric said…

    Don Quixote is on my reading list! It's a long one. Love your garden, it's a haven for life! Still hoping it rains soon, the clouds have mostly moved on. Take care!

     
  • At July 14, 2017 2:54 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Hey, Blaize--no, I have never been to Taos or a Hanuman temple. Our car is fixed now, prettymuch! I wish you had been in panera with us! It would have been way more fun. No, I don't like driving in town.

    Aric, yes, the garden loves you too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home