dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

magically good

Gmorning--how are you, reader?  In some ways, I keep my cards close to my chest.  In other ways, I'm an open book.  Sometimes I wish I could be more free.

Tomorrow's the one year anniversary of my dad's death.  How do you think I'll do?

Yesterday the Catholic Workers liked the lunch I made.  I was nervous about the potato salad.  It was my first time making potato salad for people I wasn't related to.  But it went over well.  And they loved the lentil soup.

The lentil soup had a magically good flavor.  Sometimes it's better than others.

Last night we picked up my penpal from Wolverhampton.  I realized last night that she's a neat freak and our house is probably making her crazy.  Oops.  Hopefully the Rice Room is not too cluttered or dusty.

A lot of good people have stayed in that room!  Our friend C is probably coming in a few days.  She might stay two weeks.  Without boyfriend or dog.  I think we'll go to the hot springs!

Well, wish me luck.  I wanted to go see my mom.  That didn't work out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home