dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, November 26, 2017

too many journalists

Yesterday there were too many journalists.  I got burned out on helping people make documentaries.  Our friend in the morning, and some new people from Phoenix in the afternoon.

I got up in the night and talked to my friend A for an hour and a half on the phone.  He's a midnight cookie baker, oatmeal chocolate chip.  Some with craisins.

"I hate craisins!" I said.  I said they are hard little red globs of nastiness.

He explained how he likes his cookies to crack.  And then get caramelized in the cracks.  He didn't use a recipe.

Today we ran some errands and I got a drink at a gas station minimart.  I considered fruit punch, but its second ingredient was high-fructose corn syrup.  Then I considered this other drink that had the same problem.  Finally I settled on some delicious mango Honest Tea.

Well, tomorrow we're going out of town for the day.

I made a decision--I need to read more and write less.  Also I came to the unfortunate realization that I can't meditate and exercise at the same time.  I mean I only have room in my life for one highly disciplined thing.  So I guess I gotta quit meditating, because if I quit exercising, I will die.

I am extra clumsy today.  I walked right into this display rack thing at the dollar store, banging my right arm.  Then I banged my right arm again at home on a doorframe.  Oh, the hazards of space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home