dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, July 25, 2019

happy retreat week

Today's the day--potato salad day.

Also, my retreat begins.  Don't talk to me about volunteer work stuff.  Talk to the hand!

My friend posted on facebook a meme of affirming things to say to kids.  One was "I just know you're going to be successful."  According to my world view, a kid is successful right now.  So I made my own list, starting with--You are successful right now.  And I kept going.

So I made a list of 30 or so things.  I'll put it in an upcoming zine.

Ming made me tea--I was craving lemongrass.  He's telling me to get compression socks.  "When are you going to get a job to pay for my socks?" I asked him.  Sock job.

retreat week ideas
small ritual
sing
workbook
elevate feet
quiet time with M
copious alone time
draw--make zine art
pray
hear holy music
guided meditation youtube
chair yoga

make special dance


Library selfie the other day.

1 Comments:

  • At July 25, 2019 8:24 AM, Blogger Amanda Laughtland said…

    Maybe you can get a deal on compression socks on eBay?

    I'm glad you're having your retreat. :) And I like your zine idea.

    I have been watching meditation videos from The Mindful Movement on YouTube. They have some good ones about healing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home