dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

mj


Today I flipped off this anti-gay propoganda truck. It has a picture of two guys kissing on it, within an "anti" glyph. I have flipped off other people in jest or discreetly, but today, it's so warm, I actually had my hand out the window, but I think he didn't see. KEEP SODOMY OUT OF OUR SCHOOLS it said, or something like that. I'm not a believer in violence, but when I see stuff like that, I daydream about how I wish angry mobs would make people too scared to spread around hate.

Personally, I like seeing pictures of guys smootching. Do you know this quote, "Any culture that would rather see two men fighting than two men kissing has something wrong with it." I don't think I'm remembering it quite right....

This was CBEST day #1, and it was okay. I have Erik seated at my left, which we had to manage ourselves, since no one remembers the married couple who doesn't share a last name.

I ate a lovely peanut butter taffy named Mary Jane with a very nostalgic wrapper.

We had veggie sandwiches for lunch I found quite nice but Erik found sub-standard. And potato salad that I found horrible and Erik professed to like--I don't actually believe him! I teased him a bit about that.

It made me remember this German potato salad my ex-mother-in-law would make with bacon in it. I don't think I ever ate it because I didn't know her until I was about 16, and I stopped eating mammals when I was about 15, but that sounds nice. Otherwise, I would need hard boiled eggs or olive in my potato salad, if I were to eat more than a mouthful.

I have two word things to tell you. The first is, did you know discreet and discrete are two different words? I didn't.

The second is a new word we learned at work today. Erik showed me. It's "moreovertheless" and means I need a transition really bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home