dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, May 07, 2006

better

I was the kind of depressed where nothing seems worth doing. Lie in bed not moving depressed, for no known reason. Our options are

1. the heat
2. the new birth control pills
3. it's just time to be depressed.

He was going to go to Sacramento's Buddhist meditation group, which is where all different kinds of Buddhists meditate together and hear a little talk. Did you know there's losta different kinds of Buddhists? Erik's Soto Zen.

But he thought I needed company and came to vespers with me. The only thing that made me smile all day was the sounds of the chickens we saw on the way. We stopped in the middle of the road, I rolled the window down. We saw the white rooster first--he crowed--he's easy to see. Then some smaller colorful ones that made another sound.

Vespers I sang my heart out. After, Swami stopped in the hall and said, "Hello, Lorda-Marie" and asked how was my weekend away. I explained where Santa Maria is. He gave us cookies. I almost have the last song memorized.

Erik wanted to go to Whole Foods. I have veto power. We went for a walk in the heat. We lay naked in bed and drank water. I'm feeling better. We started reading out loud The Years by Virginia Woolf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home