dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, June 16, 2006

procuring books

Today I scored SAT, read, wrote a little, shopped for books and didn't buy any, and right now I'm making pizza. Something weird happened with my dough. I think my flour was super-dry, because I needed to add an extra half-cup of water to the dough mixture or it just wasn't going to work out. As it is, my dough is super-dense and dry, so we'll see if the crust turns out yummy. We're more into toppings anyway.

I talked on the phone with this worker at the library because I requested a title two months ago whose status never changed from ON SHELF. She went to look and saw it wasn't on the shelf and decided it must have gone missing, so I will neve get to read Such a Pretty Face. Because I asked then about requesting materials from outside the system, and she told me they do it for $5. I said I remembered another program where the system had relationships with other systems, and it didn't cost.... She said it was too expensive and they stopped participating.

So now my library kind of sucks. I guess we need to get a library card for Berkeley and get books over there? Or I need to buy them? Bummed. Another reason to move. But really our tastes are too academic. We need to be affliated with an intitution of higher learning. Maybe I should start teaching again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home