dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, August 24, 2007

day home

Today Erik's hiking. If you read my blog regularly, you can guess who he's with and where he went. Kitty's driving me nuts! He's meowing all the time.

I'm making the new zine. I'm at the collating stage right now. I made a small pre-run at Staples a week ago, so I would have zines to hand my mom and the friends I visited on our trip, but this is the main run. There's only one typo I've caught so far: I say "kid's" when I should say "kids'"--a minor mistake.

This morning I went to Vedanta. I swept the Shiva mound's steps. Then I went for some cutters and cut some sprouts from a stump. I ran into my friend P, and we talked and worked together. Mostly I sat in the shade while she weeded, and we caught up on one another's lives.

Then I ran into B and asked him if I could pick peaches. He said sure and gave me some bags and instructions. "There's a saying," he said. "It's 'Treat a person like you would a peach.'" Am I remembering that right? I like it, at any rate. So I went and picked some peaches, and by that time it was 11:30. The sweat poured off my brow. I picked six grocery bags, but not completely full, because B told me they're too delicate, and only have two or three layers.

Swami is in Portland right now, and I hope he's having a good time there. I wish I were in Portland, sort of. But things are good here. I'm happy to have a day home after so many days away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home