dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, September 07, 2007

a day in Berkeley, some good mail

Yesterday we went to Berkeley for monthly free day at the botanic garden. We looked at gorgeous plants, and Erik took pictures. We saw a small snake at the pond (on lily pads). It was black with golden stripes. We looked at dawn redwoods and skipped the roses. We enjoyed the carnivorous plants, the arid house, and the tropical house, as always. We looked at some corpse flower plants.

Then we did other Berkeley things: we bought bread at Acme, read books at Cody's, and bought soap at Elephant, our favorite drug store in the world. I made a small run of the mental health zines because I had depleted my supply.

Today I got three zines in the mail: So Sue Me, Aubade #3, and A Jacks. I had Erik read me A Jacks twice. Erik also read me the first short story in a new Moomin book, Tales from Moominvalley.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home