dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, September 03, 2007

Krishna puja day

This morning I went to Vedanta to make garlands for the Krishna statue in preparation for the puja tonight--there's a time in the ceremony where Swami puts the garlands on the statue, and it's sort of dramatic and special. So I was happy I got to make the head garlands--three of them--here's a picture of Krishna from a few years ago so you can see.

It was me and the woman in charge of flowers J, as well as my friends D and V and my good friend P--all of us threading flower heads on dental floss with big, thick needles. It was fun and sort of like picking peaches and plums a few days ago--a very real thing to do, somehow vivid and an authentic experience.

This afternoon I was feeling down and Erik took me out to Whole Foods for some grocery shopping then to the Davis co-op. We enjoyed being out and getting lots of veggies for a big stir fry, which turned out delicious: cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, ginger, garlic, green onions, and tofu with soy sauce over rice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home