dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

comfort food, a test

Today I went to Trader Joe's for maple syrup and baked up a big ole nine by thirteen pan of cornbread, a trial run of the way I'm going to cook it for the competition, doubling the recipe.

Considering the peanubutter cookies I baked last night, the oven's been seeing a lot of action lately. I like to bake when I'm stressed. Also, baking produces comfort food, but like I told my friend H, I don't want to comfort myself too much.

I've been listening to The Innocence Mission's We Walked in Song daily since receiving it, getting to know it, and I think it really works as an album. For my tastes, it's first rate.

Today Erik got UPS express mail from a gaming company wanting to test his editing skills in case they might like to give him a job that he applied for weeks ago. Wow, I need someone to edit that sentence for me. Anyway, I opened it, which is how I know what was in it, and saw that they require a certain style of editing with the standard proofreading marks, and I'm pretty sure Erik doesn't know them, so we'll need to go to the bookstore to pick up the Chicago Manual of Style, and he'll have to teach himself the proofreading marks in 48 hours, which is how long until he has to send the test back to the gaming company. Wish us luck.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home