dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, January 10, 2008

more broccoli soup

Yesterday I made more broccoli soup. This time I used soymilk for half of the liquid, and I thought this would make it creamy, but it just made it white. Erik likes it just as much as the previous version.

I had less broccoli to work with because my broccoli was infested with small broccoli bugs. I had to toss about a fifth of it. I tried so hard to get the bugs out, but no matter how hard the water is hitting them, they cling.

2 Comments:

  • At January 10, 2008 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Try soaking the broccoli in salted water before you rinse and clean it. The bugs float to the top of the water. I'm sure there are still bugs on it even after that, but I try not to think about it too much.

     
  • At January 11, 2008 8:13 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Thank you for the bug tip!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home