dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, January 13, 2008

sunny

Today we went to a talk by Professor Eleazar Fernandez on "Filipino struggle against colonization and globalization and efforts at social transformation." It was fun. It was held at a nearby church, and I was nervous to go to a new place, but I'm really glad we went. The speaker was articulate and smart.

A conservative "love it or leave it" kind of guy was being belligerent during the question and answer period, but Fernandez handled it with grace.

Then we went for a walk at Howe Park. It was sunny out, and we walked with bare arms. We talked about the lecture, and I felt so alive.

Today I read Tough Love: High School Confidential by Abby Denson. It's a cute story in comic book form about two boys. I got it through the new-ish inter-library loan service--it came from the San Francisco Public Library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home