dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, May 24, 2008

more visit

Yesterday my good friend A was in town again. Her husband's car broke down, so she had to bring him to work. We went to Indian fabric stores to look at fabric. She found some she liked for making a costume for her belly dancing recital. Then we went and visited their old house, where G was born. We drove on bumpy dirt roads. Then we went to Indian food for din. I had already eaten, so I just had a mango lassi. Finally, we came to the apartment so A could measure me with a fabric tape measure. She wants to buy me clothes for my birthday. When they left, the little daughter E threw a fit. I guess she didn't want to go back in the car? She made lots of noise, and I felt very, very sorry for her. It pains me to see her suffer. Little kids have a hard time with their feelings.

Today it's raining, strangely enough. I slept in very late. Now my neck hurts. The heat wave is officially over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home