dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

new couch

Yesterday Erik found a couch beside the dumpster, and somehow we got it up the stairs and into the bedroom. So we have a couch now. It's white and has some dirty parts, but mostly it's clean, and it's very comfortable. Also, it's huge. I can't wait to read there.

So far today, I've been web surfing zine sites. Right now I'm listening to a zine radio show. My friend Prunella was interviewed, and I loved finally hearing her voice. Soon I'm going to Vedanta to practice harmonium.

Today Erik is hiking with T. I didn't even ask where they're going, but he's wearing swimming trunks and intends to swim. So I'm thinking they're up in the Sierras right now.

Oh, last night I was up until almost midnight working on zine reviews. I got them done but wasn't able to verify the addresses using the address database--there were problems, and I couldn't figure out how to use the database very well. But it's good to be done. I hadn't been up until midnight in a long time, and it was hard to get to sleep, but I did the thing I do when I can't sleep--I told myself, "You don't have to sleep. You can just lie here and rest," and finally that worked.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home