dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

the missing tapes

Tonight was women's writers group. We read Yoko Ono's Grapefruit and wrote imitations. They really turned out. Then we wrote a memory as if it was going to happen as opposed to already happened. That was a really interesting way to get a handle on things.

Women's writers group was only two of us this time. Our third had ride problems. So we might meet again next week. I would really like that.

We met at Naked Lounge. The music was too loud. I got herbal iced tea. It was pink.

This morning I went to Vedanta to try to find those tapes and copy "A Cudgel of Delusion" for Swami. Surprisingly, Swami and R were in the bookstore when I arrived. R was putting statuary into paper bags and moving the paper bags into a storage room across the way. Swami had found the tapes (they had been missing). So I copied them for him. I typed the labels. There was no chair, so I was on my knees and typed. (The bookstore is in the middle of remodeling.)

Then Swami recruited me to help R put stuff in bags. So I did that until we were finished. At one point R playfully kept me in the storage room with a broom he was using to wipe away cobwebs. He used the broom to bar my way. "What's the secret word?" he asked.

"Vedanta," I answered.

"How did you know?" he asked and let me pass. It was a good moment of laughter in a serious morning and mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home