dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, August 10, 2008

job

Yesterday Erik and T went to a Japanese cultural bazaar then to Second Saturday art walk. So he was gone a lot. They had fun. They got to see the Sacramento Taiko Dan perform for free.

I went to do that job I was dreading. I had been assured no housecleaning involved, so I felt pretty resentful when I was vacuuming and dusting. I carried lots of boxes from the livingroom to the garage. I helped move furniture. The couple really needed help: the woman has a problem with her knee, and the man has had bypass surgery and isn't supposed to lift anything. We got an incredible amount of work done in those three hours. And I'm going back this afternoon to clear out the first bedroom. I'm really not looking forward to it. But I got myself into this and feel obligated. Also, it's sad how they aren't able to do it themselves.

The good thing is that they gave me tomatoes and zucchini from their garden. I've had some tomato sandwiches, and they're delicious. Why are homegrown tomatoes so much better than ones from the store?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home