dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, September 13, 2008

bagels, Vegan Sourcebook

Our regular kind of bagels isn't vegan--I can't remember how, but I think it's honey. So today at Trader Joe's I bought some bagels made with sprouted wheat. Tried one for lunch--they're okay. I think they taste more like bread than like bagels. Contemplating making bagels the way we used to. It was easy.

I thought of another thing that almost made me cry yesterday: I was reading this book called The Vegan Sourcebook and the chapter about what dairy cows go through really got to me. Then was the chapter on what laying hens go through. I realized I was going to cry if I kept reading and put the book down. But now I have that feeling like I need to cry and didn't.

I'm going to be late to choir practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home