dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, September 14, 2008

fi #4

The big news of the day is that I'm done writing functionally ill #4. I thought I was almost finished a couple weeks ago, but now I'm really done. I'll let it sit for a few days and then have Erik proofread it.

I made the Southwestern Corn Pudding finally and didn't like it very much. It definitely had a complex flavor. I said it tasted like something you'd get at a restaurant. But it just wasn't my thing. I don't think the coconut milk really belonged. Also, it wasn't hot at all. Those two jalapenos did nothing. Maybe I should have left the seeds in. I wasn't sure about whether or not it's standard to take out the seeds. Anyway, Erik liked it.

2 Comments:

  • At September 15, 2008 6:32 AM, Blogger dumpster mouse said…

    i'm really looking forward to FI#4--that's wonderful news! i really enjoyed Erik and Laura-Marie Magazine #44. the poems inspired me to start writing poetry again.

     
  • At September 15, 2008 7:38 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Thanks for your praise--I look forward to reading more of your poems. Expect functionally ill #4 in your mailbox within two weeks, I'd say.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home