dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

the mariner's revenge

Today Erik is hiking, so I've spent the day alone except for a trip to the mental health place for therapy. I've decided I was being too passive. I'm changing my--what word am I looking for--tack? tact? tactic? I intended to go to the post office and send the first batch of zines, but I never made it. So I still don't know how much it will cost per zine. It's either going to be 59 or 76, domestic.

Today was a good mail day. I got a stack of postcards from my friend A, a total surprise. She has an essay in the new ELM, so I'm going to give her five. What else did I get? A letter from my penpal in Finland.

I'm listening to The Decemberists. I just heard that long song about revenge, those two men who are together in the belly of a whale. The mother says, "Find him, bind him--tie him to a pole and break his fingers...."

I've been collating, binding, punching holes, tying knots. I've been writing notes to go in with the zines. Sometimes they get repetitive, but to my dearest I say something new. I've got this great Japanese stationary that some people are getting their notes on--it says, "I'm out of my mind with loneliness. Stay with me." That just about sums up my day!

2 Comments:

  • At September 04, 2008 5:24 PM, Blogger Ephemeral Mailbox Museum said…

    that is disturbing japanese stationary! I love it though. hello to you from my own weird day. I'm looking forward to the new ELM. I went and waited for an hour and a half at Rio Rita's for a meeting/happy hour with ladies rock camp organizers. of course when I got home and looked again at the email, it's next week. I got a lot of letter writing done and enjoyed hanging out in a cool coffee shop in a different part of town.

     
  • At September 05, 2008 11:52 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Hi, Sweet Tooth. I <3 disturbing Japanese stationary! I'm glad your meeting mistake wasn't all bad. The new ELM will be on its way to you soon.

    love,
    LM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home