dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, October 10, 2008

my day

Today I had my second call for the vocal labs study. I got a nice woman from Pennsylvania named Diane. We talked about ways of getting the news and how things have changed, when it comes to getting the news. We also talked about how hard it was for her to get cable internet, and how DSL isn't available where she lives. The 10 minutes passed pretty easily. When the conversation stalled, she kept things going, and for that I'm grateful.

I got a zine from Japan today, from my Italian-Japanese friend G. And I got a letter from my friend H who lives in town. I wrote her a letter a month or so ago about grad school (oh yeah--that's when I proclaimed that I might like to make a grad school zine), so she replied with something 26 pages, which sounds a lot longer than it is--the pages are small, and some are very small.

This morning it was cold in here. The clock's thermometer said it was 58 in our apartment, which I think is very cold considering the fact that we were using the air conditioner just a few days ago. Anyway, the "a" key on my keyboard was malfunctioning. It was only working about a fourth of the time, so to make an "a" I had to hit the key about four times. It was bothersome, and I hope it was just the cold.

SAT scoring today was okay. I didn't miss any papers. I scored just less than three and a half hours. Erik worked all day at an in-person scoring job then came home to score some SAT--he's scoring right now. Tomorrow there's a planned outage starting at 4pm, so we get a break. It's too bad on one hand but okay on the other.

Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home