dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

honey pie, you're not safe here

Did I tell you about when a stranger came to our door trying to sell us Trix and milk for bus fare last month? I don't think I mentioned it. Anyway, he came back today. This time he was selling Kix, orange punch, and cookies. I didn't take any of the food, but I gave him two bucks. He said bus fare was $4.75. So hopefully he found someone else to help him.

This encounter I found stressful, and lots of other things added up to a stress day--Kitty's moods, the worker's table saw, difficult editing. I ended up putting in earplugs. Then I made the Tofurkey dinner. It was fun. In the morning I went to the regular supermarket across the street for a lightbulb but also for bread and onions, because I needed an onion for the Tofurkey roast. The regular supermarket is unpleasant.

Anyway, it was fun to make a whole meal with a main protein and side dishes and everything. It was really different from how we normally eat. I hadn't had gravy in at least 15 years. It's pretty good! I liked to put it on my potatoes. Everything was very salty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home