dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, February 15, 2009

book life

Well, I finished The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle this evening. Now I've got that feeling like, "What do I do now?" I remember when I was a kid acting in a play, and then the last performance of the play was over, and I would get a terrible empty feeling like the whole goal of my life was no longer. It's a 600 page book. I have a poem that says something like, "This way we fit 50 lives into our one life." That's how I feel about novels.

Erik's been reading me The Scarlet Letter, but I don't like it. We finally skipped through the intro because I found it boring as heck. But I still don't like it. We might switch to Crime and Punishment.

I got graphic novel Ghost World out form the library--might start that. And I got a book called Student's Go Vegan Cookbook or something along those lines. Erik wants to make the baked seasoned fries.

2 Comments:

  • At February 15, 2009 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ghost World is quirky and entertaining. Be sure to check out the movie afterwards. It's a decent homage, though the graphic novel is better (as always).

     
  • At February 16, 2009 3:46 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Thanks for your views, Anonymous. All I'm familiar with is "Ghost World" the song.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home