dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, February 15, 2009

injury, Shaz, failed library attempt, Goodwill

This morning I stepped on a little piece of a dish that didn't get swept up after the dish broke. It went into my heel, just a little bit. It didn't hurt too bad, but I hate getting a cut on my foot.

Then we went out to lunch. We went to this new Indian-Pakistani place that's in a horrible location. Oh, I mentioned it yesterday--it's called Shaz. When we got there, the "closed" sign was on. But a man showed up and motioned to us that it was open. So we parked and went in. We were the only eaters there. It's a huge warehouse-like room. A young woman seated us, and we looked at the menu. I was super disappointed that the menu she handed us didn't match the menu that's online. My planned order was all messed up--the main thing I wanted was baingan bartha. But it wasn't there. We ended up getting veggie samosas, tandoori paneer, aloo ghobi (cauliflower and potatoes), garlic naan, and paratha. The food was all totally yum. But the owner kept talking to us. We're the anonymous diner type. She asked us what we thought of everything. I was too shy to bring up my disappointment about the menu. While we ate, two other couples showed up, so that's good. I think they're going down. But we took a flier about their grand opening. They're having a bounce house and everything. Sadly, I think it will be poorly attended. The location is just bad. But for their grand opening there's a buffet on the cheap side, and we might go.

Then after lunch (Erik had chai, and they brought it to him in a little white teapot), we tried to go to the Carmichael library, but the lot was full. People were illegally parked on the street. We thought about parking illegally for a while but gave up and left.

Then we visited the Goodwill on Arden. This was the first time we'd been there since it reopened. The clothing there is completely disorganized, and there's no way I'm going to go through every women's shirt there searching for something my size. But I found some pink stationary for a dollar. Some of the prices were high (I looked at a lot of dishes), for a thrift store, but the stationary's price seemed fair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home