dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

my day in words

Today we went to the bird refuge. We saw egrets, a heron, different kinds of ducks, and tons of coots. It was rainy and windy. It's still rainy and windy.

Then we went to IKEA. Something special happened: we went in for one thing and came out with one thing. The one thing was a wooden dish drainer. Actually, I looked at dishtowels (a weakness of mine) but none were my type. And I would have loved to find an inexpensive umbrella. But they didn't seem to have any.

Then we went to the library where I got two Tori Amos CDs and an Iron & Wine. And a Cat Stevens.

Then we went to Trader Joe's and got lots of produce though Trader Joe's is not known for its produce.

Tonight I made Erik a bell pepper sandwich for dinner. Then we had spinach salad with fake bacon bits. Then we shared a large square cookie. Tonight P is coming over to pick up a manuscript and deliver a new one. Erik is going to T's place to play video games.

I'm stressed out about the truck. Aamco has a special going on where they'll find out why your check engine light is on for free. So we're planning to bring it there tomorrow morning. They open at 8, the nice woman told me, and don't do appointments. I really wish they did appointments.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home