dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

reading

My friend H loaned me Wicked, which is about the wicked witch of the West. It's cartoonish and good. I love witches, especially imaginary ones. And I've loved this particular witch since I was a kid.

I'm listening to Persuasion by Jane Austen on a little device I got from the library--I think it's called a Play-a-Way. It's like a little MP3 player but it's loaded with only one book. It's unabridged, and I'm on chapter eight or ten. I like it. Not sure what else I think about it. I guess I'll know when I'm done.

And Erik's still reading to me The Voyage Out by Virginia Woolf. It's my second time with that book, and I forgot a lot.

And I'm still slowly reading Off the Map by Kika Kat and Hib Chickena as well as a book of poems called Love & Solitude by Edith Sodergran.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home