dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

dance version

Today I got the manuscript--P didn't come over yesterday after all. I called P at 9:30 this morning to ask when he was going to show up. "I'm not sure," he said. "We need to think carefully about this. We need to weigh the pros and cons. I'm not sure what to do--let's talk about it in person," he said, and immediately there was a knock at the door--it was him. It was really odd for him to come over without calling. But I had a good laugh. He was just on a backpacking trip, so we talked about that.

Then Erik and I did some grocery shopping. That seemed to fill the whole day, somehow. So I haven't started the proofreading. Oh, I've been working on a writing project I like. I've got a poem going too.

Last night I didn't get to see my friend A. She had that headache, her husband was cranky, and her eldest daughter was sleep-deprived. So they just went home. I was sad, but it's totally understandable.

Lately I've been obsessed with Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and Joanna Newsom. CYHSY soothes and stimulates me. Joanna Newsom delights me and makes me feel whole and awakened. I've also been obsessed with a Yoko Ono song "Kiss Kiss Kiss" off her album Yes, I'm a Witch that came out in 2007. I guess there are other versions of the song, but this is a dance version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home