dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, September 24, 2009

recent history

Yesterday I had jury duty. I was never sent to a courtroom--I spent my whole day waiting in the jury assembly room and mezzanine. They let us go early, for which I am truly grateful. I wrote six letters.

Today we went to Berkeley so I could photocopy all issues of functionally ill. I made 1520 copies total. I made 40 of each zine. Some have been out of print for a while, so it's nice to have them all again. Someone requested the whole set, and that's not unusual, so I thought I should have them all on hand again. Someone else--a person who runs a distro in London--sent me $40 for shipping and copies so he can stock functionally ill, so that's a reason to make a bunch of copies too.

We also went to a little beach near the marina, went stationery shopping, spent time at Acacia in Tilden Park near Lake Anza, had our usual Indian-Pakistani food. I'm exhausted.

Tomorrow we need to be up by 8 because a phone worker will be here any time between 8 am and 6 pm. I have Durga puja tomorrow night, one of my favorite pujas of the year, and I need to settle down and get in the mood.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home