dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, December 17, 2009

still sick

Today we went to McKinley Park where I walked and Erik ran. Then I wrote in my journal and wrote part of a letter to my new friend J in San Diego. There was a weird guy throwing a knife over and over again at a tree. He made me really uncomfortable. Later when he was walking away, I saw something in his hands that looked like a small boomerang.

An unpleasant new thing for me is strange feelings in my legs when I'm trying to sleep. I feel like I have to move my legs. I have this urge to move them, and it's very unpleasant if I don't. I was hoping it was just happening because I'm sick. But I talked about it with my friend A and she said it happens to her too. She said calcium's supposed to help. Yeah, I'm sure I'm not getting enough calcium.

Meanwhile this stupid cold lingers. I thought I was nearly well, but today my nose is all chapped again. Last night I lay awake coughing, trying to sleep, for a long time. I asked Erik to estimate, and he said an hour. It's hard for me to tell time at night.

I read a really sad poem today by John Updike called "Dog's Death."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home