dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

happy Berkeley day

Yesterday morning I packed lunch, and we went to Berkeley. First we went to the small beach near the marina. Someone at a picnic table was playing flute. We sat in the shade and wrote. It was so nice to be near the water.

Then we went to Tilden Park and wrote there too. Then we went to Little Farm and pet animals. I bought two postcards depicting a large oak called Sunset Tree. I liked the goats best. The cows were pretty great too. Pigs not so much. Beautiful brown turkeys. The sheep seemed pissed off.

Then we walked to a lake called Jewel Lake. Some parts of the trail were very muddy and my shoes got caked with mud. The lake was okay. Erik liked it more than I did. We saw beautiful flowers whose names I don't know.

Then we went to Erik's favorite tea shop. I got strawberry kiwi, which was like kool-aide. He got jasmine brocade.

Then we met my friend K for dinner. It was only the second time I'd ever had an actual conversation with her, but she's in my women's religious group. We had a great time eating vegan Japanese at Cha Ya. I had sushi.

Then we came home, and I slept in the car while Erik drove, as I am wont to do.

Why all this fun? Tomorrow work starts. Boo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home