dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, March 18, 2010

hoodie etc

I went to the bookstore at my place of worship to see if they had any more OM bags. Mine is fraying. I knew my friend V would be working--Thursdays are her days. They didn't have any bags, but she said she'd order some and I should try back in a month.

I bought some beautiful notecards and Ayurvedic soap, vanilla scented, but when I got it home I read the paper inside the box and learned it's good for people with a certain disposition, and I don't know my disposition, so if this magic works, I might be tampering with my subtle body or something. Oops.

Then I went to the post office and spent a small fortune on stamps.

Then I went to University Art which is having a sale. There are frames outside, and when a big gust of wind came up, one of the big frames on which little frames were resting moved a lot, and I thought it would fall. It was making me nervous--thoughts of shattered glass.

So I went indoors and told the worker, and he checked it out and decided there was no need for concern. But he wasn't seeing it during a big gust. So I was kind of embarrassed, and then part of me wanted the frames to all fall and the glass to shatter so I would be right. Sad, self!

Then I looked at stuff indoors--Erik sent me with instructions to buy him certain types of Moleskines. I examined notecards and picked up a couple ultra fine point Sharpies, purple and pale blue. I have never tried the pale blue.

Then I went to pay, and it was the same guy I'd talked to about the frames. He had dark hair and was wearing a certain type of Mexican article of clothing--I don't know what they're called--not a poncho, but they were really popular when I was in high school.

I gave him my card to pay, and he called me Laura by reading my name off the card. He called me Laura a total of three times by the time I left the store. When I got home I told Erik, "I don't know if he was flirting with me or teasing me." Maybe just being weird. Of course, I was embarrassed again, to be called the wrong thing and not wanting to correct him with my obstreperousness of insisting on being called by two names.

Well, I looked it up. They're called Baja hoodies. But I don't know if the word hoodie existed when I was in high school, so maybe we called them something else, but I don't remember. His didn't look like the one I've pasted here--his was very pale, earthy colors.

2 Comments:

  • At March 19, 2010 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a baja that I wear sometimes in the spring and fall. It's not my usual style, but it's comfy.

     
  • At March 19, 2010 12:54 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    I had one that was black and one that was brick red with lighter accents. Both were rough. "Real" ones are soft, I think.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home