dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, February 24, 2013

butternut squash parsnip soup

The butternut squash parsnip soup turned out pretty good.  I gave some the neighbor and he seemed to really like it.

two smallish butternut squashes
one large parsnip
one large onion
three cloves garlic
olive oil
better than bullion

Have Ming peel and cut up the butternut squashes for you.  Cut up the parsnip.  Dice the onions and mince the garlic. 

Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until they begin to brown.  Add the veggies and water to cover.  Add about two teaspoons better than bullion.  Simmer for...20 minutes?  Maybe longer like 30?  Until the veggies are soft.  Blend with an immersion blender.  (I tried just mashing with a potato masher, but it didn't work.) 

Put some in a mason jar and bring downstairs to your main neighbor who has already cooked dinner for everyone.  (He BBQed us veggie sausages we brought down for him and fed us rice and corn.)

Note that this recipe comes from my friend K though I don't know if I did it right.  When she told me the recipe, I was paying attention but might have missed something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home