dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, February 22, 2013

new book

Today we gardened at our friend M's house.  We did some sheet mulching.  I like shoveling mulch.  And I consider ripping tape off cardboard boxes one of my skills.

Right now we have dal simmering on the stove.  It's mung dal.  I'm really tired.  I've been working on fundraising for Sacred Peace Walk 2013.  I had therapy.  Some of the mung beans are old.  Old mixed with new.

I've been writing poems.  They're really talky and discursive.  I don't know how I feel about them.  Too long, I guess.

But I got some very exciting mail today.  I had been waiting to hear from a certain famous poet, Michael Hannon, for months, and when I got home, I found he's sent me his latest book.  I read the whole thing.  It's great, Mortal Poems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home