dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, August 04, 2013

avocado moral failing

I said: You know how you buy an avocado, you put it on the counter, waiting, waiting, and then it's finally ripe and you cut into it and it's rotten?

Ming said yes, and I asked him why that happens so often.  He speculated.

Then I asked him if, when that happens, he feels bad, like having a rotten avocado is a moral failing.  He said yes.  I wondered if that's a widespread thing.

We talked about the same thing happening with mangoes too.

2 Comments:

  • At August 06, 2013 5:04 PM, Blogger katie ash said…

    I had this conversation with someone yesterday - about avocado guilt. When you let the avocado go bad .... this person said it was the worst kind of food guilt. So yes, I think other people have the same feelings.

     
  • At August 22, 2013 1:46 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Hey, Katie. Good to know we're not the only ones. It was great seeing you in Portland!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home