dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

needle

I feel like I'm tackling difficult ideas.  I feel like my life's really good right now, but there's something needling me.  The recent Sacred Peace Walk was stressful, and we return home tomorrow.  Long car drives are stressful.  Then a board meeting.  A friend is suffering.  Dad is still gone.

Last night Mom and I were talking about our Dad dreams.  In one she was eating lobster at the mall and Dad wanted some.

This morning it's rainy.  We parked and someone was sleeping in a doorway.  Maybe we woke him because, as we paid for parking, he gathered up his blanket, stuffed it into his bag, and was on his way.

People wearing nice clothes.  My clothes are boring.  I just can't be bothered to wear anything but jeans and a teeshirt.  I can't even be bothered to wear earrings.  A necklace sometimes.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home