dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, April 07, 2006

after the puja

Swami stood on the brown tiles,
socializing with his homies,
and he stood near enough
that we could overhear everything.
Sometimes it was in English,
sometimes it was in Bengali,
and I think that was his gift to us,
that we could overhear everthing,
because we love Swami, or I do,
and I could just overhear him forever,
just look at his shoes,
wonder if he does his own ironing,
and remember the way he looked when he was young,
which we saw on the DVD, forever.

1 Comments:

  • At April 08, 2006 10:42 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    I changed the pronouns from first person plural to first person singular, changed on the brown tiles to near the library, and ameded the lineation in the slightest bit in a way no one would probably notice but me, or people would notice it just not in a way that would warrent comment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home