dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, April 06, 2006

guest

I was waiting for Erik to finish reading the anchors so he would take a walk with me, and I wanted him to hurry up because it was getting dusky out. I had the front door open a little, hoping this would encourage him?

I hear a little sound of a bell. A little jinggly sound. I like it. And I saw Kitty eating his food at his food dish. Then I saw Kitty was looking small. And then I saw it wasn't Kitty! It was a guest.

"Go!" I yelled. "Go!" She just looked at me and kept eating.

This is the sweetest most skittish skinny gray cat with short hair, not fully grown, that belongs to the evil people and gets terrorized by the children. She seems unfed too, by the exctiement of her munching at Kitty's food.

Erik picked her up and put her outside. I giggled a lot. He opened the door, and she was right there, wanting back in. So I took a handful of Kitty's food and put it outside for her to eat. And she did.

I went out on the porch and didn't look at her. Just listened to her eat. crunch, crunch That was the excitement of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home