dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

observation

"Unusual" has an unusual number of "u"s in it.

Today we went to the library where I picked up My Secret Garden by Nancy Friday and Toast by Nigel Slater, which I'd had to return because I had it out too long, and I'm so happy I get to finish reading it!!!!!

Then we went for a walk at the park, and nobody was there, and everything was so wet and lush. Erik lectured me on some Buddhist topic and I said "uh-huh" a lot. Nobody knows that boy is such a talker.

Then we bought groceries, especially eggs, bread, tofu, that organic sharp cheddar we love, avocados, and bananas. And I got yellow flowers that are so cheerful.

Kitty did something strange today. I wasn't feeling well and lay down on the living room floor, my head on my zafu, and Kitty decided he wanted under the covers. The only problem is that I didn't have any covers on me. He did his, "Let me in," meow and was really peeved when I wouldn't. I giggled, and Erik said I should try to let him into my shirt, but there really wasn't room. And he left disgruntled. So now I know that Kitty has a fundamental misunderstanding of getting under the covers, which we actually refer to as "going into the cave."

This is similar to how he seems mad at us when there's bad weather outside and seems to think we could change it if only we tried hard enough. Just a fundamental cat misunderstanding of reality. His brain is, like, the size of an almond!

Kitty did something else strange today. He was sleeping in bathroom, at the foot of the toilet. I have never, ever seen him sleep there before. Erik thinks it's a flea-avoiding strategy. Like the fleas haven't colonized there yet. So he can get some chill-time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home