dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

cookings

After such an angry morning, I have had the most lovely day. I made this wonderful lentil dish for dinner, a variation of this rice and lentils dish, doubled, with jalapenos, garlic, lentils, rice, tomatoes, onions, lemon juice, curry powder, olive oil, salt, and pepper. It's so good, hot but not too hot.

And then I baked some eggplants and just made some baba ganoosh out of them, which I am eating with a spoon, no pita triangles necessary. It's so good, and I'm very pleased. This is eggplant, tahini, salt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and a little flax oil--I sneak flax oil into just about everything.

Yesterday I made this rice with garlic and fresh herbs in it. I sauteed the garlic and raw rice in olive oil and then put in the water and salt. And after the 20 minutes (this is an old bag of white rice my parents got me from Costco), I put the herbs in there and put the lid back on to steam the herbs a little, so they wouldn't be quite raw. It turned out very well. Tons of fresh rosemary in particular.

Erik's prompt scored out. Mine's supposed to go until tomorrow night, which is fine. And they didn't get the books scanned in Monterey, so Erik's got tomorrow off work the grading factory, and he'd like to leave town, but I'm still scoring, and he's going to write and have a little sesshin instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home