dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, April 16, 2006

peppers

This morning, I drove a bit, and Erik gripped his handrest. I thought I did a great job. But it was raining, and he's used to being the driver. He wants me to be more self-assured by being more independent, and learning to drive is a start. But I refuse to go on the freeway, which would be required, for a trip of any substantial distance....

Wal-Mart was closed for the holiday (I was going to use that gift card I got), so strike that until further notice. We deposited checks and bought vegetables. Cute little orange bell peppers, large red bell peppers, a remarkable quantity of jalapenos, brocolli, tomatoes, oranges. Sour cream, some pasta sauce that looks good and was very inexpensive.

Yesterday I made him some pasta he really liked. It was whole-wheat, and I put some flax oil, olive oil, parmasean, basil, garlic salt. He raved. Crazy boy. Write down the recipe, he says, and I say no, I'll remember.

Mi familia is playing "hide the eggs" and giving big Christmas-like presents to my nieces. My dad is going to BBQ. I wish to god (Jesus in particular) that I was there.

But I'll be pleased to finish Toast today. He just kissed his first boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home