dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, April 20, 2006

me

I have about 20 penpals. They are all women except one man, who is named Jake, lives in Montanta, recently became a trucker, and is one of the best writers I've ever known, though his spelling is so bad that I sometimes have to get Erik's help understanding what he's saying.

Having penpals is comforting because I can speak with people, whenever I like, in a wonderfully reasonable, long-winded way, and ask lots of questions. Letters are beautiful, physically, to hold.

I think making a zine and making a blog are good because you can be your own media, with an agenda of communicating reality as opposed to making money, and even if only very few people view the media, it's better than nothing.

Letters, zines, and blogs are all of a piece. I make sense as a whole. When other people don't make sense, it drives me crazy.

I like watching animals and becoming more like them: authentic and immediately honest. I like being outdoors when not a lot of people are around.

I like paying attention. I don't like entertainment because it strikes me as a distraction from real life. And real life is stuff like sleeping, sex, cooking, conversations, tea, watching animals, and washing the dishes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home