dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

shocking: British goods at Safeway

Last night we walked over to Safeway at dusk, a special trip for normal things. For example, almond extract. And the cottage cheese I love, Knudsen, which is the only cottage cheese worth eating, bar none, and it's not sold at my usual places. And some epsom's salt for long baths. They say it's supposed to counteract the symptoms of asperger's, but it hasn't worked for Erik yet--the magnesium is absorbed well through the skin, when for some people, it doesn't absorb well through the intestinal wall. And we found those things, as well as some hoisin sauce I wanted.

What shocked me was when I took a walk through the ethnic isle? aisle and found Devonshire cream, McVitties biscuits, and Heintz salad cream in the new British area! And mushy peas! I don't know why Sacramento would be the only Safeway to get a British area, more like the only to get a Hmong area, so I advise you to visit your local Safeway/VONS/whatever the hell else they own, and get yourself some treats from across the sea. The prices were pretty good too. I didn't see any Marmite. But some nice teas you would like if you insist on those British teas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home