dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

various

We walked in the morning, we walked in the afternoon. My SAT prompt scored out, and I couldn't be more pleased.

I wrote a letter to my gentleman friend in Arcata who, it turns out, is 87. He likes meat and potatoes, good soda or beer, and lemon merangue pie. He was telling me how a wedding ring can mean different things at different times. If issue 34 inspired such reflections, I can't imagine what 36 will do.

Erik's been instructed to call the anouncement line tomorrow after 9 am. The place is immoral. I can't believe how they treat their workers, and unemployment didn't accept my explanation of refusing work because they yell at us. I don't think being yelled at is in the job description, dudes.

Lately Erik's boss brought them egg-shaped cookies for easter, and doughnuts too. If you have to do it, Terra Nova's not bad, for the boss, but bad for content. I could score 700 books a day. When I get bored I speed up. Or see how many letters I can write. And which TLs will let me get away with it.

But that's all in the past, and I won't dwell on such things. Today, the air is sultry and redolent. The sky's turning pink, and it's supposed to start raining again Friday!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home