dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, June 19, 2006

freedom

I'm so happy when I look at my calendar, it's blank. That means it's summer, and the test soring season is closing until fall. It's scarey to have no work lined up, but it's also a wonderful free feeling. When Erik is done with his current project at the grading facotry, so many activities will occur. Like there's this bookstore downtown I want to visit and look for books by Marilyn Krysl. And I want to bring some CDs to Dimple, and bring some mystery books we got through freecycle to the nearby mystery bookstore Bain's. I want to clean the house super-squeaky clean. And more more more, like intense job searches in preparation for moving, rest, walks, lots of cooking.

The current SAT session should score out tomorrow. We were up at 6 this morning, so Erik could score at home before going to work to score more. He's a hard worker. He also finished drilling holes in the mini-zine, and I have that half-bound and sending out copies today. Last night I wrote a letter to J. I need to catch up on correspondence with my dear K, who I've neglected for months, and as the stack of letters from her accumulates, it becomes more daunting to respond, though I shouldn't feel that way. She's all love. She's moving back to Quebec from Belgium soon. I think she's happy.

When I'm sleep-deprived, I lose my breath more easily and feel different in my chest. When Erik's done at the grading factory, we will also sleep a lot and feel more healthy again. Life is always in cycles for us like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home