dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, October 12, 2007

how cookies can solve a problem

Last night Erik was up until 3:30 in the morning teaching himself copy editing notations and marking up the five page manuscript sent to him by the gaming company he applied to a month ago. It's good of them to give him a chance rather than just rejecting him outright for not having experience.

Today I delivered it to the UPS within my default Staples--the gaming company supplied an overnight envelope. Then I went for a walk, and it started to rain on the way home, but I didn't get too wet.

I read one and a half Lynda Barry books yesterday (all of Come Over, Come Over and half of The Greatest of Marlys) trying to pick which one to loan to a friend and then just for the pleasure of it. So my mind was in Lynda Barry world. Hers are my favorite non-zine comics (though I also love Jim's Journal).

I'm afraid I'm making too big a deal out of this cornbread competition and a secret part of me wants to win and will be disappointed when I don't. I hate competing because it brings out a very immature part of me. Not immature in the sense of knocking over the checkers board, but immature in the sense of crying easily.

Somehow the competition will all seem less important if I also bring cookies, so I plan to. Bringing cookies to a party, it's risky to try something new, but I have my mind set on a new peanutbutter oatmeal recipe.

All the cookies I bake are so hippie and nutritious. I don't even have any white flour. I'm afraid nutritious cookies are not the general crowd pleasers. So hopefully the peanutbutter oatmeal will taste nicely decadent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home