dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, March 16, 2008

park day

Yesterday my friend A came to visit with her daughters and her husband. Her husband wanted to go to a Sacramento junkyard for a certain car part. So A and I watched the kids play at the park for a long time. There was a cold wind blowing.

You'll never guess what. Another kid asked me to put her in the swing! Again, it was a kid on the large side considering the smallness of the swing, and I had a hard time hefting her.

This time I argued for a bit. "Then how are you going to get down?" I asked her.

"You can take me down too!" she said.

Finally that's what happened. This time no embarrassed mom came up. I guess I look trustworthy.

I loved seeing my friend, and they were good hours well-spent. I liked being outside and the authenticity of it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home